57. Classification of Students
CLASSIFICATION OF STUDENTS (Refer to BOE Policy JBC)
A student’s classification at the start of the school year determines his/her classification for the first semester. Students are reclassified at the end of each semester based on credits earned to not supersede years in high school
● A student will be classified as a freshmen or 9th grader based on completion of the course of study in an accredited junior high school or from any school including the 8th grade when the sending school recommends that the student be accepted at the freshmen level.
● A student must have completed six (6) units of credit to be classified as a sophomore or 10th grader.
● A student must have completed twelve (12) units of credit to be classified as a junior or 11th grader.
● A student must have completed seventeen (17) units of credit to be classified as a senior or 12th grader.