Failure to Teach
(Coaches must teach fundamentals in their particular sports and protective skills.)
- Coaches must teach the athlete to protect himself/herself.
- Coaches must teach proper fundamentals of the game.
- If an athlete is praised or encouraged for performing an improper skill, it will come back to haunt the coach.
- Negligent entrustment means entrusting authority/activity to one who is not qualified to carry out that particular authority/activity, which includes:
- Assistant coaches
- Volunteer coaches
- Coaches' Areas of Liability